Monday, June 19, 2006

Blog entry on the road (II)

So ended the first day. I arrived in the morning not knowing a single soul here and now, I just came back from chauffering 4 other folks from a drinks session downtown. (In case you are wondering, I did not take any alcoholic drinks. It is no joke to get a DUI out-of-state.) This place is so...happening?



I guess when you are away from your usual comfort zone, you make friends more easily. People were just hooking up! A smile and a short introduction about yourself would be enough to get you 'friends'. Strangers we are in an unknown town, yet we share a common desire to go around exploring the place together.

I met another Singaporean graduate student (at an ivy institution), and a new friend.

Folks here look at the school(s) you are currently attending! A community of scholars. Indeed.

No comments: