Wednesday, August 15, 2007

How do you defy the physical laws of nature?

Sometimes I feel like quitting this team. This happens when you get a team leader who has no proper understanding of thermodynamics (Gibbs Free Energy, Nerst equation). I could get aneurysms just by trying to explain my work/experimental results to him.

Only the other day the chemist at the meeting told him straight - "I cannot defy the laws of chemistry!"

He: Collect more data. Make it work.

You just wonder how managers are selected. Stupid people exist everywhere, and make things worse when they impose their stupidity on subordinates who can see something's wrong.

Poor leadership, coupled with a weak understanding of scientific fundamentals, creates a very lousy work environment. I should request to switch teams if this continues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lisa! In this house we obey the Laws of Thermodynamics!"

--Homer Simpson

No comments: