Thursday, June 26, 2008

I am attracted to articulate Sg bitches women

I went to the movies last evening with two ladies from Singapore (and three other friends whose presence I we largely ignored).

While heading home after the show:

tk: Why are we walking so slowly?
girl A: We are strolling.
girl B: We are ambulating.

Sometime later, and still on the way home we ended up talking about this head at one of A*star's institutes:

girl B: She's a micro-manager who wants her PIs to present their research to her (and everyone else) at weekly group meetings. She's infamous as this neurotic/psycho bitch who goes nuclear if you attempt to answer back when she's shouting at you. It doesn't matter whether you are a senior post-doc/junior faculty-level researcher or someone fresh out from college. She will just scream at you regardless of whether there are other people in the room. It's kinda humiliating if your position is a senior one and there are college interns or people fresh out of JCs waiting for their school term to start watching you get run over by her. The whole atmosphere in the room would be very tense and silent except for her shrieks; you could almost certainly hear a pin drop. At one of those sessions, I realized that I had neckache after that. I was so afraid of even relaxing my neck muscles; everyone else froze too.

No comments: