Sunday, May 22, 2005

Online attachment; Happiness

I like this post. Excerpt:

So she appears at 3:31 AM, "Hey, Ben!"

Me, "Oh, hey! What a pleasant surprise! How's your weekend?"

She, "I just got home. Whacha doin'?"

Me, "Oh, just archiving recipes. Had a fun date?"

Neither a confirmation nor denial.

I have to remind myself: I'm better than this. I am above this kind of petty jealousy. I will not descend into petty possessiveness. Such infantile behavior. She's not even my Significant Other (and so what if she were to be?). Have to learn to be detached. To detach. That, is the only key to true liberty.

...The reason why I even feel anything is because I have become attached to her, and I am not comfortable with this.


All the more so if you have a big ocean separating the two of you, not to say vastly different time zones as well. Ah, the irony of life - those physically close to you, you cannot click; and you get emotionally bonded to a screen id.

Picture of the day:

Happiness is

taken from http://gehennom.net/~rusty/palm.jpg

1 comment:

-ben said...

ROTFLMAO! Love the picture! Thanks for a Sunday morning laugh! Stay well! -ben