Thursday, August 02, 2007

Daddy was the Apple of my Eye

It's not often that you go around telling people you like a song from an underwear ad. I found myself humming it (subconsciously) when it played on TV.



Lyrics:

No castle in the south of France
But what we had were underpants
That made us feel like royalty
His hands were hard, his waistbands soft,
And in his deep red apple thoughts, he said,
‘Your fruit will be of the loom, not of the tree.’
Yeah, Daddy was the apple of my eye,
Like underwear he’s with me ’til I die
And the more that I peel back the years, the more I realize
He will always be, the apple of my eye.
A father knows a young boy grows
The clothesline of life sometimes blows
Brief memories that last forevermore.
He gave to me his fearless grin
His rosy cheeks, his tender skin
A comfort that runs straight down to the core.
Yeah, Daddy was the apple of my eye,
Like underwear he’s with me ’til I die.
And the more that I peel back the years, the more I realize
In that tangled family tree, he will forever be
The shining, polished apple of my eye.


On a side note, my mum was the one who chose my clothes (including underpants) when I was young. Heh.

1 comment:

Marsha Loftis said...

LOL!! It's funny how a song can sometimes touch your heart. I saw this at the movie theater and had to right away go home and add it to my blog for others to hear.